Wednesday 14 August 2013

Upcycle no1

Remember that top I bought a few days ago?


I loved the pretty edging on it but I did not like it as a top at all.


  So this is what I did with it:


 I cut off the bottom part of the top

 Then I snipped of the strap,

Gave it a quick press
So I could turn it into a bow

Then I pinned  and stitched the fabric on the bottom of a new vest top I picked up for a few quid

I stitched the bow on and this is the finished dress:


 I think it looks quite smashing on Esmeralda, don't you agree?


 She is even wearing a matching necklace. You can find this one and others like it  here

A little closer up to have a peek at the bow.

Well I hope you agree with me that it is an improvement and that it has given this rather pretty fabric a new lease of life.  Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Keri Kight said...

I love skirts, and this is a adorable. :)

Ouch Potato said...

This really is lovely, Hannelore - and you make the whole process of making it look so easy, too :)

Maplemac said...

I love it and I love your blog.
I'll be back to check it out in more detail.

That's definitely an upcycle!

Hannelore said...

Thanks for all your comments

Health and Wealth Builders said...

I agree. It is much prettier as a skirt.
You have a lot of skills.