Monday 12 August 2013

Home Sweet Home

I haven't done a "Home Sweet Home" post for ages, sorry about that. Sometimes it is hard to see the special things in your own home.  Even today my "thing" I want to share is not really a household item that I treasure, but a very useful addition to my sewing room.

Meet Esmeralda:

I have recently taken up sewing again ( I used to make a lot of my own clothes, including my  own wedding dress)  So a few weeks ago I decided to purchase a dress form as I thought it would be a lot easier to do my alterations and new projects.  As is normal in our house I gave her a name (even spiders get named before we throw them out) and she is from here on known as Esmeralda.  Hopefully she will be my helper for many years to come.  But for now she is wearing a prototype wedding dress which I can't show you yet for obvious reasons.  I hope to get some sewing done tomorrow but as I have to dentist patients and a poorly hubby to look after that may be just wishful thinking.  You'll find out tomorrow as will I

1 comment:

Health and Wealth Builders said...

I hope to see that wedding dress after it is complete. (and after the wedding of course)