Sunday 24 March 2013

Butterflies



Do you remember that butterfly necklace tutorial I shared with you a while ago? Well here is a variation on a theme.  Because I am longing for warm, sunny weather I have had butterflies on my mind. Recently  I have  acquired a Big Shot machine and some butterfly dies and I decided to do something "summery" with them. I cut butterflies from pretty purple wallpaper, stamped them with silver ink, cut out reinforcement vylene and glued them all together. I put them together with 5mm jump rings, but to make them a bit more special I added a small  purple glass bead on the middle ring. I added some silver plated chain and a fastener and my first summery butterfly necklace was made.  Hopefully it is one a few but I could only finish  one because I ran out of chain. Let me know what you think and what colours you would like to see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great. Well done!

Ouch Potato said...

What a gorgeous necklace, Hannelore - but then I wouldn't expect anything less of your work :)