Wednesday 27 March 2013

Blog blank

Yeah a blog blank. Or more accurately a brain blank. I have been busy doing things but not in a very productive way.  Over the last few weeks I have been learning to crochet but my mind has also been turning to new and old projects. Remember the felt booties I made a few weeks ago?



I have been wondering how to package them.  I looked up various boxes but most of them are too big and just not special enough to make them a keepsake.  Then a friend suggested calico bags.  That got me thinking, if I made calico bags I could stamp them or embroider them with  babies name and date of birth.  So that is what I will be doing tomorrow, making my first bags and I will post them on here and hopefully you will give me some feedback on them.

I also have had an order of some more felt and glass necklaces like this one.


I have been searching for more tray pendants like this heart shaped one, but in different shapes but they are kind of hard to find. I finally tracked some oval ones down so hopefully they will arrive soon so I can make some more.
At the same time my big wallpaper books still sit there and I am itching to make some more beads but my craft room is still FREEZING. I managed a couple of hours in there on Monday but I had to have my radiator on full blast and wear several jumpers. After a while my fingers go all stiff :(
So to keep myself from mischief I have been carrying on with the crochet.  I got  a book called "200 crochet blocks for blankets,throws and afghans"  from Amazon and I have just started a project from it with the lovely wool I showed you in a previous post. I haven't got a photo as I only have one square done but I will keep you posted .

No comments: