Sunday 24 June 2012

Fun with wallpaper and Mod Podge

I have been enjoying myself with my wall paper sample books.  I am also for the first time ever using Mod Podge.  I had been reading about Mod Podge a lot lately and the glossy variety  looked like just the kind of stuff to finish my beads. I had tried varnish and that worked OK but it didn't get a nice gloss.  There are quite a few other varieties of Mod podge so there is more undiscovered crafting fun left for me!   So first I started with marking out my triangles on the paper.


     
I then rolled the beads  on bamboo skewers and glued them down with "Tacky Glue"


 As soon as they were dry I coated them in glossy Mod Podge.  I let those dry over night and then gave them a second coat and this is how they looked


I had to leave it then for a day as I had to "other stuff" but I managed to finish it Saturday.  This is the finished piece and I am very, very happy with it.  I am almost sorry to let it go but you can find it here in my shop.

 ( this is an edit because this morning I realised I had not added a photograph of the finished piece. Silly me!  Anyhow I hope you like it)