Wednesday 28 July 2010

First Lino Cut!

Clearing out some boxes in my study I found some lino and a box of cutters. I bought them years ago but totally forgot about them.

They've been sitting on my desk for a few days and then I had an idea.

I took a small drawing my son Koby has made and traced it onto some lino. It was quite hard as is was a rather small drawing and some of the elements had to be reversed.






I added a little heart as he loves drawing hearts on things and it balanced the cut out nicely.





I didn't have the printing ink so I used a ink pad that I normally use for stamping, I think it doesn't work so well but I was left with a reasonable image.











I was wondering what to do with it and one of my kids asked was I making a card, so that's what I did.






















I cut the image out and mounted it on some silver mirror card and then on some black paper. Whilst clearing I had also found some nice black and white paper so I used that for the background. I added a small rectangle with the words You're purrfect and there we have it, my first lino print card. I'm sending it to my mother, she will be thrilled with a piece of her grandson's art.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that's lovely, and a nice way to preserve children's art :)

Debbie said...

What a lovely way to use your child's art work - something to keep for ever.